Well, since I messed up last time and this has almost become a black and white challenge (with a hint of colour, lol) I thought I’d make some more cos I love black and white and especially with a hint of colour! This is the first of the batch – more to follow when I finish them off.
LESS is MORE this week has the theme of Stars.
I knew I had the perfect words (Stamp Camp, I think) but couldn’t work out how to use them, so I masked off an area of white card and sprayed it with subtle colours of Glimmer Mist – Sea Grass and Peony (I think), then blotted it with my paper towel roll, which just happened to have some ochre ink on from a previous project (messy). I liked it.
I stamped the lovely blotchy stars but – despite NOT being a glitter lover – wanted a bit of glitter, so I embossed with Holographic EP and added a silver star brad.
One of the annoying things about Holographic EP is that it clings to places you don’t want it to cling to, but in this case, it worked out beautifully, adding random touches of sparkling glimmer to the outside border. Of course the scan didn’t pick that up, so I had to photograph it, in an attempt to show what I mean.
Stamping was done with Versafine Blue – can’t remember the exact name but it’s a lovely royal blue.
Well, it is here – kind of. Here’s a card I just finished. I’ll be doing the Ribbon Blog Candy draw some time over the weekend, so keep your eyes open for it!
First and foremost, I must thank SANDY for a lovely award, which I’ve uploaded to the side, but will include below. I’m a little taken aback, since I haven’t been blogging too much recently, but I really appreciate it, Sandy. Thank you!
It’s masking again, so will go into the KCUK files and the colours I’ve used are Wend’s favourites. It looks WAY off kilter but it isn’t – a little out – unfortunately, I stamped the music background (Wend’s a music teacher) crookedly and the iffy lines make the rest of it look off. Hey ho. Tough 😉 Will be back soon as I can!
The reason I had ‘permission’ (from myself, that is, he, he!) to stamp was because I’d just set the current month’s challenge over at KCUK – MASKING. Here are my samples.
Using punches (or die cut machines – or even scissors or craft knives) to create a ‘stencil’.
Creative masking BS (Before Stamping) and AS (After Stamping) 🙂
More Creative Masking
This one is courtesy of my Mum, Jan Cross – her card was based on an advert on the back of a bus in New Zealand and used Pampas grass or wheat in the foreground.
I’ve already posted this (but will remove it from former post) because it, too is made by creative masking – using the humble post it note 🙂