GINGERSNAP: SHARED MOMENTS, COLOUR CHALLENGE AND KCUK SWAP…

I’m just sneaking in by the skin of my teeth for the Gingersnap Random Redhead challenge, which is ‘Shared Moments’ but I didn’t realise when making it that this would also fit the Colour Challenge, which is Blue, Turquoise and Purple, so I’m entering it for both challenges.

This is also my Stampbord swap for KCUK and yes, it’s late – as usual (hangs head in shame).  In my defence, I’ve had a few really busy weeks with work and other stuff but that doesn’t really excuse me.  Fortunately, the recipient of my swap doesn’t blog, so won’t see this and I can upload it.

I made a little ATC sized book, using Stampbord ATCs for the covers, with the theme of Friendship.  I have to confess that I cried while making it, but that’s another story and this isn’t the place to share it… lots of memories, some happy. some sad. I used to make a lot of mini books, especially when I was running workshops but it’s been a while and I really enjoyed this for a change.

I used my favourite medium – pigment inks – because they blend so beautifully, even with fingers, and always look really vibrant – added to which, they’re PERMANENT, so won’t fade, unlike ALL water based inks.  The covers are embossed with 3 layers of clear embossing powder, then the corners sprinkled with Suze’s Bedazzles. Looks as if I’ve covered part of the wording on the cover, but it’s still readable in real life.


I’ve noticed that my scanner doesn’t seem to be picking up the nuances in shades, which has really been frustrating me, so I’m going to show you the scans first, followed by a photo, so you can see the difference in them. The real thing is probably a little between the two for the covers, because the sun shone for a few moments (it really did, even in North West England!!) and the light reflected off the glossy finish of the EP.  I used Prisma pencils to colour the images and, unfortunately, semi obliterated the faces of the little girls on the front cover, but the overall effect is OK, so I’m happy with it.

SB BOOK FRONT COVER 
 <KENOX S1050  / Samsung S1050>
The cover images and words are from Crafty Individuals.
SB BOOK BACK COVER
<KENOX S1050  / Samsung S1050>
This is a scan of the outside covers and the back. The colours here will give you more of an idea of the colours and shades of the whole piece, which isn’t quite as dark as it looks, although it is edged and shaded with the deeper (True) blue.
SB BOOK BACK
This is the inside – colours washed out because the little girl’s dress (far right) is actually yellow and the man on the right hand side of the first page is wearing a green shirt!  The images are a mixture of Paperartsy, Art Journey and Stampinback.  The words are computer generated, apart from the Hero Arts Friends background and all images are masked, then coloured afterwards, apart from the boy and girl, who come in a frame and I couldn’t face cutting it out today… so I used an image I’d already cut out.
SB BOOK INSIDE
I won’t upload the individual pages cos I’m sure you’ve had enough by now, lol.  If you really want to see them more closely, then (as usual) click on each image to enlarge.
Just noticed I now have 250 followers – wow!  I’m still amazed that anyone at all is interested in what I do but I’m grateful for all of you who come to see my attempts at artwork, lol – thank you VERY much and especially to those of you who leave such encouraging comments!
This calls for a celebration, methinks, so I may have to give away some Blog Candy!!!

Stampbord books – Mingle

Oriental themed Book of woman

The first side

Be still, woman…

First Side

Other side

From the top

We just did a Stampbord mingle on KCUK and these are my offerings. I’ve always wanted to make one of these books, adapted from a project in the main Art Specially book and taught in a Katy’s Corner workshop by my lovely friend, Lynne. I was quite envious of the other girls doing that workshop but I couldn’t do anything about it because I was teaching another workshop at the same time! Lots of fun to make. That tea towel comes in handy 🙂

Stampbord

I spent around 2 hours working on one of these yesterday, watercolouring, then scratching out and I was really pleased with what I’d done. I then decided to wipe it over to get rid of the dust and didn’t realise the sponge was as wet as it was. I smudged all the black (Versafine) ink and wiped off half the watercolouring, but I was very good, lol, I didn’t swear. I came upstairs for another one, stamped it, took my paints downstairs and started again, but this one isn’t anywhere near as good as the last one – typical……. I was in the middle of cooking and getting tired by this time – in fact, I almost burned the food…… sigh! The colours seemed to mute when I put the UTEE on, though – they were really vivid and I worked SO hard on the skin, which hardly shows up!! Maybe I won’t spend quite so much time on the next one………..
To make things even worse, I’ve just noticed that I neglected to colour in the chain around his neck – grrrr!!!! I was going to do it with Krylon pen when I came upstairs but I forgot…….