Here are some BI (before ink) and AI (after ink) samples.
The first one is peeled paper – though it doesn’t show up very well. They don’t make Sellotape like they used to… lol!
This one’s just Gesso, applied randomly – hard to see it on the top tag – sorry.
Next we have gesso on torn book pages. You can really see the faux texture on the second tag.
It’s a while since I used Gesso 🙂
Thanks to those of you who corrected my spelling (Duh!) AND to Carol for reminding me of my schooldays, with her reminder of how to decline a Latin noun, lol!
I’m still alive – honestly! Here are some of the clocks made by some of the Stamp Camp attendees – excellent work. These were all created with Adirondack Pigment inks and Gesso, using Grunge Board elements as stencils. We coated them with fixative, then put them through the Xyron, with repositionable adhesive, so they’d just wipe off, ready for the next person to use. This was my first (and only) play with Adirondack pigment inks and I have to say I love them. I’ve used mainly dye inks for the last few years, apart from the odd play with chalk inks and Brilliance, so it was a real pleasure to have something which blended so well and so easily. The inks flow on canvas and on paper and only need to be quickly blasted with the heat tool to make them permanent. Isn’t it great to see how much variety there is? I love it when people all do the same project but the results are totally unique.
If you’d like to see more of the photos from Stamp Camp 2008, you can see them here. Artwork can be seen here, though I have more to upload.
Just been getting ready a background for Inchies and ATCs. The theme is yellow – not one I would normally use as I’m not a big fan of yellow on its own, but it’s more of a challenge because of that.
First I sponged cream card with Adirondack Lemonade, then Sunshine Yellow, then a bit of Willow. I stamped in Sunshine Yellow and Willow, then scanned. Note the accidental dropped inkpad in the centre – but it all adds character, right? Next I applied Gesso, using a splodger (or old credit card) heat set, then swiped the Willow pad over the top and sponged on some more Sunshine Yellow ink. These were the results.
I started my playing with gesso again today – finally – haven’t done much, but thought I’d post the bits I do as I do them, so you can see any experiments and disasters and learn from them…….
So here’s the first pair. You can see that the gesso (the lighter bits) has acted as a resist to the inks over the dictionary pages and the pages soak up much more ink where there is no gesso, giving an illusion of texture and a variety of colour shades. I used Distress inks (Mustard Seed and Aged Mahogany) over the pages, after applying the Gesso with a Splodger. More experiments as I do them……….