Saturday workout, Crazy Amigos and Mixed Media Monday challenge

I’m still doing my skinny pages, so as a little light relief, I just altered a Cabinet card and since it’s a man, it fits in with the Crazy Amigos Challenge 🙂

altered cabinet card b


More Skinny rejects and Theme Thursday Challenge…

Here are two more rejects – rejected for various reasons – the first one is too much and too bright – some of it is obscured a little here because I added bits of Opalite reinkers after I’d stamped – it looks really glitzy in real life 🙂

skinny reject 2

The second one isn’t quite what I wanted, but I like it although I would have added to it.

skinny reject 3

This is the prototype, though the colours won’t be the same – my pages will be based on this but after stamping – with the help of my good friend, Jacqui – all the little girls and all the top and bottom borders have been cut out, ready to attach when the pages are done 🙂

skinny proto 2

The last two are also in my favourite colour combinations, so I’ve entered them for the Theme Thursday Challenge – Favourite Colours.

Working on…

I’m working on some Skinny book covers which mean a lot to me, so I tried all kinds and I think I finally have a prototype…  lots of cutting involved, though cos I have to do 38.  Just cut some covers and checked the back ones against some of the pages I’ve been sent, only to find that they’re oversized, so my covers don’t work – agggghhhh!!  I can either check 38×38 pages or cut more covers a little larger, but I’ve run out of the thicker card I was using… disaster and time’s running out.

Here’s one that went wrong 😦

skinny prototype

‘Riot of Colour’ ATCs for KCUK

I’m hosting a ‘Colour’ swap on KCUK and here are my contributions.

roc atc 13 roc atc 14

roc atc 17 roc atc 18

roc atc 8

roc atc 16

I made a lot more of these, but these are the subtle ones… I was using up the Colour backgrounds I made during the power cut but I still have a lot of backgrounds left, so I’ll be sick of these bright colours by the time I’ve finished. With the exception of the first one (the pear) which was masked and the words stamped afterwards, these are made with collage stamps – I have a few GINORMOUS ones so I used parts of them and they were very quick and easy.

Here’s one I salvaged – I had an accident with some correction fluid, which I thought was a pen (because I didn’t pay close attention) and ended up tipping some of it onto the ATC. So, I wiped it off and covered with a vellum overlay. Late last night, I started scribbling on it but I wish I hadn’t – me and my faffing! The vellum worked well until then!!!!

roc vellum overlay